By Tom McWatters
To me, it doesn’t get the recognition it truly deserves, so here are some reasons to prove why it just might top the first one.
1. The Film Uses The Same (but Different) Formula Perfectly
2. The Stakes Are higher
3. It Was Shot In The City During Christmas
4. The Soundtrack
5. Tim Curry
6. The slapstick Was More Brutal
7. The Pigeon Lady
8. Kevin Fakes A Hotel Shooting
9. Textbook Definition of Good Karma
In return, Mr. Duncan gives him and his family a literal truck load of gifts.
10. It's Just Might Be The Greatest
There's something positive about the limited viewing window, though: watching a movie only once a year helps keep you from watching it too much, preserving its intangible holiday appeal. You can have a whole year go by so that, when you watch it again, it still feels fresh and remains something to look forward to. I know I’m probably in the minority, but Home Alone 2 is one of my favorite Christmas movies, so after reading my list, why not watch it again and maybe you’ll see why it means so much to me.