By Joseph Walter
Quite a few of you have expressed interest in the proposed XCOM Project, which is fantastic to hear! I look forward to making every bone-crunching, alien-killing, world-ending decision with each and every one of you in either the most impressive team ever assembled, or most dysfunctional (my bet is on the former)
The plans so far are that I'll be streaming through Twitch's website. This can also be viewed through the Twitch app on your phone.
Now, as for the date and time: My current schedule has allotted me three free days, being Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
My goal is to stream an hour of XCOM (or an entire mission) once a week. Yes, it's a slow pace, and it can be increased as we see fit, but I don't want to take up too much of anyone's time. I feel as though the drama can only increase the more it's prolonged, but we'll put it to the test.
Now, you have two objectives, Commanders:
1) What day and time works best for you all?
2) Where should the XCOM base be set up? There are 5 options, each with their own bonuses. The choices are as follows:
1) North America: All aircraft and aircraft weapons cost 50% less to purchase, build and maintain.
2) Europe: Laboratories and Workshops cost about 50% less to build and maintain.
3) Asia: All projects in the Foundry and the Officer Training School cost 50% less.
4)South America: Autopsies and interrogations are completed instantly.
5) Africa: Monthly XCOM funding increased by 30%
Personally, I typically go for North America, as the lowered cost of interceptors and satellites can go along way to curbing panic and striking first against the malevolent invaders. But the choice is not mind. It's ours.
Let me know the day, time and preferred XCOM Base location below!
Good Luck, Commanders.